Biologist-DNA Techical Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Quantico, VA, US
- You’ll be joining a dynamic forensics team with many opportunities to grow professionally and working with other forensic experts in various fields to support the FBI and TEDAC missions.
- This is a unique opportunity to work with the FBI laboratory.
- You’ll obtain some or enhance your experience working in a fully functional government laboratory working closely with other forensics experts.
- Perform work analyzing body fluids and/or other human tissues using DNA analysis or other biological/chemical methods.
- Perform laboratory techniques using polymerase chain reaction (PCR), Sanger sequencing, and massively parallel sequencing (MSP) to test and evaluate methods used in the individualization of persons with DNA analysis.
- Review procedure modifications and upgrades to instrumentation and software to ensure reliable results.
- Conduct testing and evaluation of new and existing DNA/biological testing procedures and protocols.
- Prepare solutions, buffers, and reagents used in body fluid and human tissue identification techniques.
- Prepare detailed documentation.
- Ensure each analysis is performed correctly by conducting peer reviews on findings.
- Prepare scientific manuscripts and abstracts for publication and oral/poster presentations in scientific journals and at meetings.
- Perform routine maintenance and QC checks of reagents and equipment, as needed.
- Prepare purchase requests and interacts with purchasing personnel in support of QA and QC functions.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future TOs
- Education: B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, or related field of Biological Science.
- Experience: One (1) year of experience performing research in a biological science and a minimum of one (1) year of forensic human DNA laboratory experience
- Skills: Knowledge of related sciences such as biochemistry, chemistry, physics, molecular biology, genetics, and mathematics. Knowledge of the uses of computers and the ability to manipulate data for basic statistic evaluation and display
Clearance: US Secret Clearance
Who We Are
Our company values innovative and intuitive people who want to help identify and develop creative, unconventional solutions for our clients.
Innovators of creative services, solutions and products for our clients.
Intuitive to our client’s needs and desires.
Identifiers of unconventional, rapid solutions for our client’s challenges.
What We Offer+ Learning & Development
You will be encouraged to reach your full potential. You will be provided the resources to grow professionally & enhance your skills through Tuition Reimbursement & LinkedIn Learning (with unlimited access to 13,000 online training courses and videos)
You will work with very innovative and intuitive people. You will enjoy collaborating on teams that identify and develop the most impressive thought-provoking solutions and products for our clients.
You will experience the flexibility needed to balance work and manage your personal life while accomplishing great things both professionally and personally.
You will receive competitive compensation with access to a comprehensive benefits package to include generous paid time off/paid holidays and lucrative 401(k) matching with 100% vesting at the completion of your first year, plus a host of other perks.
You will be recognized & rewarded for achieving ground breaking results that lead to the continued success & growth of the company.
Meet Our Veterans
As a veteran-owned business, we understand the military culture and the qualities it takes to make it into any of the Services. Veterans are mature, reliable and honest. They know how to get along with fellow employees and customers, and truly understand what it means to be part of a team. They take pride in their work, and always get the job done while providing the truthful feedback it takes to make the right business decisions for our organization.
President & Chief Executive Officer