Biologist/Forensic Examiner Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Quantico, VA, US
- You’ll be joining a dynamic forensics team with many opportunities to grow professionally and working with other forensic experts in various fields to support the FBI and TEDAC missions.
- This is a unique opportunity to work with the FBI laboratory.
- You’ll obtain some or enhance your experience working in a fully functional government laboratory working closely with other forensics experts.
- Receive and account for boxes of evidence and related materials from contributors.
- Visually inspect and process evidence and related materials for mitochondrial and / or nuclear DNA as appropriate; isolate and collect materials for analysis from appropriate areas of various evidentiary materials; prepare samples for instrumental analysis; and associate samples with other existing submissions (as appropriate).
- Make an initial determination of the types of samples suitable for analysis and select appropriate protocols for conducting the examination of materials.
- Conduct DNA examinations on items of evidence.
- Calibrate instruments used for forensic examinations and analysis.
- Use STACS and or FA for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain-of-custody of all forensic material under examination
- Follow all QA / QC procedures, protocols, and adhere to LD policies and procedures related to its accreditation and safety standards.
- Conduct DNA analysis and comparisons of profiles or sequences as appropriate.
- Author forensic reports to include all laboratory notes and supporting documentation.
- Provide all generated profiles or sequences in a format necessary for inclusion, storage, and searching of the appropriate DNA databases.
- Conduct technical and administrative reviews of all work.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future TOs.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
- Communication with contributors as necessary.
- Education: B.A. in Biology, Chemistry, or related field of biological science from an accredited university/college. Successfully completed coursework in the following subject areas: nine (9) semester hours in the fields of biochemistry, genetics, and molecular biology as well as coursework and/or training in statistics and/or population genetics as it applies to forensic DNA analysis.
- Experience: At least one (1) year as a DNA Examiner in an accredited forensic laboratory.
- Skills: Basic computer skills, including use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook); organization skills; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities; demonstrated ability to study and pass training, examination, and testing assessments; verbal and written communication skills.
Clearance: US Secret Clearance
Who We Are
Our company values innovative and intuitive people who want to help identify and develop creative, unconventional solutions for our clients.
Innovators of creative services, solutions and products for our clients.
Intuitive to our client’s needs and desires.
Identifiers of unconventional, rapid solutions for our client’s challenges.
What We Offer+ Learning & Development
You will be encouraged to reach your full potential. You will be provided the resources to grow professionally & enhance your skills through Tuition Reimbursement & LinkedIn Learning (with unlimited access to 13,000 online training courses and videos)
You will work with very innovative and intuitive people. You will enjoy collaborating on teams that identify and develop the most impressive thought-provoking solutions and products for our clients.
You will experience the flexibility needed to balance work and manage your personal life while accomplishing great things both professionally and personally.
You will receive competitive compensation with access to a comprehensive benefits package to include generous paid time off/paid holidays and lucrative 401(k) matching with 100% vesting at the completion of your first year, plus a host of other perks.
You will be recognized & rewarded for achieving ground breaking results that lead to the continued success & growth of the company.
Meet Our Veterans
As a veteran-owned business, we understand the military culture and the qualities it takes to make it into any of the Services. Veterans are mature, reliable and honest. They know how to get along with fellow employees and customers, and truly understand what it means to be part of a team. They take pride in their work, and always get the job done while providing the truthful feedback it takes to make the right business decisions for our organization.
President & Chief Executive Officer