Biometric Software Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Arlington, VA, US
- Ideal Innovations Inc. (I3) is a Service-disabled Veteran-Owned small business (SDVOSB) that specializes in providing biometric and forensic services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, I3 specializes in designing, developing, delivering, and sustaining the very latest, cutting-edge biometric technology. I3 is comprised of biometric software & system engineers, software developers, program managers, and experts with global biometric system development experience who provide solutions of the highest overall quality, security, and value to the United States (U.S.) Government. I3 is interested in hiring the very best and brightest managers, engineers, logisticians, subject matter experts. We offer competitive salaries, 401k, and continuing education funds. We pay close attention to our workforce and strive to provide opportunities and longevity that endures beyond our opportunities. At I3, we want to provide our future teammates with opportunities for professional development & growth and the ability to deliver disruptive biometric solutions and support to the battlefield today and into the future
- You will be working with a team of IT professionals. This team, comprised of system engineers, configuration managers, help desk technicians, and trainers, works collectively in a data center environment in Arlington, VA. The team provides operational support for the Biometric Collection Capability (BC2) comprised of biometric collection systems, biometric jump kits, hand-held devices, and Very Small Aperture Satellites as well as field service representatives forward in an overseas environment. The team shares a military mindset with a devotion to both professional behavior and dedication to mission success.
- Working closely with our military members and fellow contractors provides a unique opportunity to achieve both job satisfaction and self-fulfillment supporting our nation's heroes. Our agile processes ensure a collaborative environment that allows our technical workforce to get first-hand user input and allows for your contributions to be integral to the overall success of the team and the program.
- This is an opportunity to support the Army’s Biometric Collection Capability (BC2) for the PM DoD Biometrics program (https://peoiews.army.mil/pm-dod-biometrics). As a key member of the biometric team, you will work closely with the warfighter to ensure 100% availability of all biometric data. The successful candidate will oversee the integration, maintenance, and monitoring of software of the Biometric System of Systems capability, ensure constant availability of all technical resources, and provide technical direction to IT support staff. It’s a high-level role of eliciting/divining/negotiating/arbitrating/influencing stakeholder requirements/concerns, and developing the architecture and roadmap of biometric systems.
- With a strong IT baseline, the ideal candidate will gain detailed knowledge on biometric software and hardware and be in a strategic position to assist our warfighters in ensuring all systems are 100% ready to successfully conduct biometric missions.
- This position involves providing the operation and maintenance (O&M), development, and documentation of the software/hardware design of 3 Support the Army’s Biometric Collection Capability (BC2) systems: Near Real Time Identity Operations (NRTIO, Facial Recognition Binocular System (FRBS), and Voice Identity Biometric Exploitation Services (VIBES).
- Perform fundamental engineering duties in preliminary designs, performing tests, taking measurements, and performing system analyses or simulations
- Prepares data and documentation when applicable
- Instructs, as required, engineering technicians
- Support agile software best practices
- Support the DevSecOps process of each of the BC2 SW lifecycles
- Experience with biometrics, DoD policies, and enterprise telecommunications is a plus.
- Collaborate with QA, Development, DevSecOps, Security, and Architecture teams to ensure proper, defined performance specifications are maintained
- Provide data analysis, reporting, and support for complex biometrics projects
- Ensure long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be customer- and detail-oriented, and possess good decision-making abilities.
- Work with the team Configuration Manager to ensure detailed configuration control of all software and hardware changes
- Resolve approved System software problems or changes
- Resolve approved System integration or interoperability problems with existing COTS or GOTS hardware and software products as documented
- Ensure all System deployments are fully interoperable with all other standards compliant systems
- Ensure Systems are upgraded as required to meet applicable biometric standards and Information Assurance findings
- Ensure Systems are compatible with the DOD Biometric Enterprise Information Technology infrastructure, and comply with DOD, Army and Local Command policies, processes, regulations, and certifications
- Deliver maintenance releases to fix approved problems and implement approved system changes as required
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Software Development Plan (SDP)
- Resolve all software issues approved by the Product Office, using the processes defined in the SDP and CMP
- Engage with a diverse team providing technical and functional expertise including both government and contractor personnel
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technical discipline. Note: 8 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification as specified at https://public.cyber.mil/cw/cwmp/dod-approved-8570-baseline-certifications/
- 5 years’ experience:
- Agile Software development
- Supporting DevSecOps process
- Designing, developing, and maintaining software applications and operating systems for a variety of engineering applications in Python, Visual Basic 6.0, COM, COM+, C/C++, C#.
- Familiarity with any or all of the following, preferably in a biometric system context: Object-oriented development practices and processes, distributed computing technologies, web services, SOA, networking technologies, requirements management tools, scripting, automated test tools, modeling and simulation, and/or security certification and accreditation processes
- Knowledge in Linux, Linux shells & scripting languages, Microsoft Windows/Office, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, AWS, Azure, Open stack, CGP, VNC, and other similar products
- Prior experience supporting hardware and software of biometric systems