Data Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ideal Innovations, Inc.
Wharton, NJ, US
Current DoD Secret Clearance (requires US Citizenship)
Current DoD Secret Clearance (requires US Citizenship)
Picatinny Arsenal, NJ
- In this role as Data Analyst, you will be an integral part of the design, development, integration, and test of precision fires radar systems supporting Long Range Armament Munitions and Counter-UAS Weapon Systems. These programs are key to solving urgent needs to protect US military and civilian personnel.
- The Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Armaments Center is a national asset vital to national security and is unfettered in its ability to deliver products and provide world-class facilities and services. You will join a dynamic team of engineers, sensor specialists and industry experts developing the world’s premier weapon systems. The CCDC Armaments Center provides a unique experience in a fast-paced yet “business casual” environment.
- The Data Analyst position supporting the Battlespace Applications Branch of the Tactical Effects, Protection & Interactive Technologies division provides a unique opportunity to support the development of leading-edge technologies addressing key issues affecting national security. The opportunity to collaborate with some of the most innovative and talented minds of the military/industrial complex combined with the vast resources of the CCDC Armaments Center is unique indeed.
- You will make significant impacts on national defense by applying your analytical skills to implement the next-generation technologies used on the battlefield.
- You will have the opportunity to hone and expand your skills in data analytics to facilitate the development of leading-edge, integrated sensor and weapon systems. Each day will present a new opportunity to learn and grow by strengthening and expanding your abilities in data analytics. You will have the opportunity to use the industry’s most advanced data analysis tools and develop special-purpose data analytics unique to the Battlespace Applications Branch. Professional development is encouraged and expected.
Day-to-day activities of the Data Analyst include:
- Evaluation of system performance specifications, modeling, and simulation, data collection, signal processing, test-data analysis, assessment of system performance in all phases of system development.
- Participate in design review meetings, interact with hardware and software developers, integrators, test range personnel, and the intended user community.
- Generate white papers, final reports, and briefing materials to disseminate information to peers and management.
- Occasionally, you will travel with the development team to military test ranges to conduct site visits or testing and evaluation activities for commercial and/or military systems.
- Provide program support to the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command – Armaments Center (CCDC-AC) Battlespace Applications Branch Precision Radars Team at Picatinny, NJ.
- Implement real-time algorithms in a sensor-weapon computational architecture.
- Support development, evaluation, and test of sensor-enabled weapon systems.
- Exploit data from a variety of sensors and systems collected during test events and laboratory simulations; parse, organize, manipulate and analyze data to generate plots, tables, and draw new, unique conclusions on system performance metrics, goals, and objectives
- Interface with Battlespace Applications Branch Chief and technical leads; Integrated Product Team Leads (IPT) and customers within CCDC-AC to inform data collection events and data analysis techniques
- Generate white papers, final reports, and briefing materials to disseminate analytic assessments and conclusions to peers and management
- Support and participate in the demonstration and test events at DoD test range across the US
- B.S. in a relevant technical discipline and
- 5 years of relevant data analysis experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adept at interfacing with existing architectures and code
- Experience/knowledge in understanding and interpreting software interface documentation and integration activities between disparate systems to understand messaging structures and derive system performance
- Demonstrated proficiency in MATLAB
- Desire to contribute to research and development of programs focused on future weapon systems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- US citizenship
- Ability to secure a security clearance
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics degree
- Proficiency/familiarity in C, C++, or other programming languages and analytical software
- Department of Defense Secret clearance Travel: up to 50% travel depending on the project Shift: Day Shift
- Electrical Engineering degree and background with radar systems
- Background in Physics, Radio Frequency and Communications systems, and Electronic Warfare helpful
- Familiar with US Army platform mounted weapon stations, unmanned air systems, state-of-the-art radar, optic or laser systems
- Experience with Ground-based radar systems for applications in Ground Moving Target Indicator (GMTI); Counter-Rockets, Artillery and Mortar (C-RAM); or Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems (C-UAS)
- Department of Defense Secret clearance
Who We Are
Our company values innovative and intuitive people who want to help identify and develop creative, unconventional solutions for our clients.
Ideal Innovations Inc. is a service-disabled veteran-owned company specializing in innovative solutions to our client’s most difficult challenges utilizing biometrics, forensics, scientific and I/T SMEs. We staff the greatest number of contractors to the Defense Forensics and Biometrics Agency (DFBA) Biometrics Operations Division (BOD) in Clarksburg, West Virginia.
At Ideal Innovations, we are:
Innovators of creative services, solutions and products for our clients.
Intuitive to our client’s needs and desires.
Identifiers of unconventional, rapid solutions for our client’s challenges.
What We Offer+ Learning & Development
You will be encouraged to reach your full potential. You will be provided the resources to grow professionally & enhance your skills through Tuition Reimbursement & LinkedIn Learning (with unlimited access to 13,000 online training courses and videos)
You will work with very innovative and intuitive people. You will enjoy collaborating on teams that identify and develop the most impressive thought-provoking solutions and products for our clients.
You will experience the flexibility needed to balance work and manage your personal life while accomplishing great things both professionally and personally.
You will receive competitive compensation with access to a comprehensive benefits package to include generous paid time off/paid holidays and lucrative 401(k) matching with 100% vesting at the completion of your first year, plus a host of other perks.
You will be recognized & rewarded for achieving ground breaking results that lead to the continued success & growth of the company.
Meet Our Veterans
As a veteran-owned business, we understand the military culture and the qualities it takes to make it into any of the Services. Veterans are mature, reliable and honest. They know how to get along with fellow employees and customers, and truly understand what it means to be part of a team. They take pride in their work, and always get the job done while providing the truthful feedback it takes to make the right business decisions for our organization.
President & Chief Executive Officer