Evidence Custodian Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Forest Park, GA, US
Current US Secret Clearance
NOTE: Work location is Atlanta, GA and OCONUS
- Dynamic forensics team with many opportunities CONUS and OCONUS
- Work with other forensic experts in various fields to support global forensics and biometrics labs both in the US and OCONUS.
- This contract supports the overall Identity Management concept within the military services
- Obtain some or enhance your experience working in a fully-functional government laboratory working closely with other forensics experts.
- Receive, inventory, safeguard, preserve, transport, and dispose of captured material presented to labs as outlined in the SOPs and/or DoD regulations (i.e., Army Regulation 195-5 for Evidence Procedures).
- Handle hazardous materials with appropriate procedures and markings for all storage, processing, and transporting.
- Assist in the execution of all maintenance and operational duties in support of the lab. Types of duties could range from scheduling gas/water deliveries to transporting case files and capture materials.
- Ensure that all documentation and information needed for the case file are received, a case file number is assigned, and disciplines are assigned within the automated tool.
- Actively participate in the management of case files as it relates to the captured material chain of custody, establishing case file exhibit listings and discipline assignments.
- Two (2) years in a forensics lab showing expert knowledge of tracking and managing of evidence through the different forensic disciplines while maintaining accurate and traceable chain of custody.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing. (i.e., experience in writing technical reports, presenting briefs).
- Professional proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook to effectively and accurately present briefings, findings and recommendations to all levels of management and to represent the forensic labs in varied capacities.
- Knowledge of logistics (shipping, receiving, ordering) for forensic lab necessities.
- Four (4) years of military operations experience with knowledge of military structures and procedures, Experience with Army Regulation 195-5, Evidence Procedures and the DFSC evidence handling standard operating procedures as well as the range of administrative laws, regulations and precedents applicable to the administration of a forensics laboratory.
- Proficiency with utilizing automated tools/databases such as WEAT, ABIS, AFIS, CODIS, CIDNE, EODIMS, etc.
- US Citizen
- Able to obtain a US Secret Clearance and US Passport (those who already possess US Secret Clearance and passport preferred).
- Meet government requirements for medical fitness
- Work: Rotate between normal CONUS 40hour work schedule in Atlanta and an OCONUS work schedule up to 84 hours/week.
- Attend pre-deployment training
- Able to lift 70 lbs. to a working height of 48 inches
- Able to perform general office and laboratory duties/functions
US Clearance: Current US Secret Clearance
Who We Are
Our company values innovative and intuitive people who want to help identify and develop creative, unconventional solutions for our clients.
Innovators of creative services, solutions and products for our clients.
Intuitive to our client’s needs and desires.
Identifiers of unconventional, rapid solutions for our client’s challenges.
What We Offer+ Learning & Development
You will be encouraged to reach your full potential. You will be provided the resources to grow professionally & enhance your skills through Tuition Reimbursement & LinkedIn Learning (with unlimited access to 13,000 online training courses and videos)
You will work with very innovative and intuitive people. You will enjoy collaborating on teams that identify and develop the most impressive thought-provoking solutions and products for our clients.
You will experience the flexibility needed to balance work and manage your personal life while accomplishing great things both professionally and personally.
You will receive competitive compensation with access to a comprehensive benefits package to include generous paid time off/paid holidays and lucrative 401(k) matching with 100% vesting at the completion of your first year, plus a host of other perks.
You will be recognized & rewarded for achieving ground breaking results that lead to the continued success & growth of the company.
Meet Our Veterans
As a veteran-owned business, we understand the military culture and the qualities it takes to make it into any of the Services. Veterans are mature, reliable and honest. They know how to get along with fellow employees and customers, and truly understand what it means to be part of a team. They take pride in their work, and always get the job done while providing the truthful feedback it takes to make the right business decisions for our organization.
President & Chief Executive Officer