Explosives and Hazardous Device Examiner Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Quantico, VA, US
- You’ll be joining a dynamic forensics team with many opportunities to grow professionally and working with other forensic experts in various fields to support the FBI and TEDAC missions.
- This is a unique opportunity to work with the FBI laboratory.
- You’ll obtain some or enhance your experience working in a fully functional government laboratory working closely with other forensics experts.
- Support the EU and other TEDAC units that work with the EU by performing operations and logistics duties as directed by the UTM.
- Maintain partnership with the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) Directorate for Science & Technology (DST).
- Coordinate the transport and examination of material from improvised detonators submitted to TEDAC for full laboratory exploitation.
- Draft LD reports detailing the components that comprise the improvised detonators.
- Obtain different types of detonating cords manufactured all over the world.
- Update and maintain information in the EXPeRT database.
- Serve as the training examiner for non-qualified Special Agent Bomb Technician (SSABT’s) in the EU.
- Provide training in the area of administrative matters, operations of the EU, and the safety procedures associated with the explosives demolition range and associated equipment, the LD Quality Assurance Manual (QAM), Laboratory Operations Manual (LOM), and the American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors / Laboratory Accreditation Board-International (ASCLD / LAB-International) accreditation program.
- Perform both technical and administrative reviews of Forensic Explosive and Hazardous Device reports written by the trainee, verifying the accuracy, and compliance with EU Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) during the trainee’s training period.
- Conduct technical and administrative reviews for EU device reports.
- Construct and prepare "mock-up" explosive devices for proficiency testing within the EU.
- Provide training to all SABTs deploying outside the continental United States (OCONUS).
- Develop cases and draft LD reports, as well as write assessments for the Intelligence Unit (IU) and proofread the majority of reports issued by the IU for the accuracy of explosive components and terminology.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future TOs.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required
- Education: B.S. degree in the Physical Sciences.
- Experience: At least three (3) years of experience in positions requiring examinations/inspections.
- Skills: Investigative services.
Clearance: US Secret Clearance
Who We Are
Our company values innovative and intuitive people who want to help identify and develop creative, unconventional solutions for our clients.
Innovators of creative services, solutions and products for our clients.
Intuitive to our client’s needs and desires.
Identifiers of unconventional, rapid solutions for our client’s challenges.
What We Offer+ Learning & Development
You will be encouraged to reach your full potential. You will be provided the resources to grow professionally & enhance your skills through Tuition Reimbursement & LinkedIn Learning (with unlimited access to 13,000 online training courses and videos)
You will work with very innovative and intuitive people. You will enjoy collaborating on teams that identify and develop the most impressive thought-provoking solutions and products for our clients.
You will experience the flexibility needed to balance work and manage your personal life while accomplishing great things both professionally and personally.
You will receive competitive compensation with access to a comprehensive benefits package to include generous paid time off/paid holidays and lucrative 401(k) matching with 100% vesting at the completion of your first year, plus a host of other perks.
You will be recognized & rewarded for achieving ground breaking results that lead to the continued success & growth of the company.
Meet Our Veterans
As a veteran-owned business, we understand the military culture and the qualities it takes to make it into any of the Services. Veterans are mature, reliable and honest. They know how to get along with fellow employees and customers, and truly understand what it means to be part of a team. They take pride in their work, and always get the job done while providing the truthful feedback it takes to make the right business decisions for our organization.
President & Chief Executive Officer