Explosives Range Technician Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Redstone Arsenal, AL, US
- You’ll be joining a dynamic forensics team with many opportunities to grow professionally and working with other forensic experts in various fields to support the FBI and TEDAC missions.
- This is a unique opportunity to work with the FBI laboratory.
- You’ll obtain some or enhance your experience working in a fully functional government laboratory working closely with other forensics experts.
- Serve as the explosives RSO to ensure safe test operations take place and that all scientists, technicians, and visitors are aware of range hazards and conduct themselves in a safe manner which is essential to the basic function of the TIEDS Center.
- Serve as a support engineer and will be required to work as a member of a team employing well-developed communication skills, discretion, and cooperation.
- Aid energetic material characterization efforts designed to understand explosives hazards and performance properties.
- Develop and write safety plans, provide a range safety overview to new personnel and visitors, purchase and inventory test range equipment, prepare and maintain the explosives test range for experimentation, maintain the test range equipment, manage wastes, support and perform explosives production operations, support and perform explosives hazard and performance characterization.
- Support operations at the Department of Homeland Security Detection Technology (DTC), by supplying IEs and IEDs, assisting with explosives and device handling, and retrieving the devices following detection analysis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of policy and procedures related to waste generation, and waste disposal are essential.
- Test fixture design and production according to drawings and schematics, experience with oscilloscopes, piezo pins, and high-speed videography.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required
- Education: HS Diploma
- Experience: At least three (3) years of experience working with explosives, pyrotechnics, propellants, explosive production/disposal, and experience with blasting machines, initiators, firing units, and their maintenance.
- Familiarity with a variety of detonation techniques.
- Skills: Strong background in electrical engineering, welding, woodworking, and metalworking in order to assist with IED construction and lethality assessment. Knowledge of chemistry, physics, materials science, and electrical engineering.
- Be familiar with all aspects of range operation, EOD, and capability to clearly communicate with other EOD personnel as required.
- Willingness to learn about chemical processes necessary to prepare energetic materials and the techniques used to characterize energetic materials and explosive formulations.
- Competence with heavy equipment such as forklifts and tractors.
- Certifications: Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Clearance: US Secret Clearance
Who We Are
Our company values innovative and intuitive people who want to help identify and develop creative, unconventional solutions for our clients.
Innovators of creative services, solutions and products for our clients.
Intuitive to our client’s needs and desires.
Identifiers of unconventional, rapid solutions for our client’s challenges.
What We Offer+ Learning & Development
You will be encouraged to reach your full potential. You will be provided the resources to grow professionally & enhance your skills through Tuition Reimbursement & LinkedIn Learning (with unlimited access to 13,000 online training courses and videos)
You will work with very innovative and intuitive people. You will enjoy collaborating on teams that identify and develop the most impressive thought-provoking solutions and products for our clients.
You will experience the flexibility needed to balance work and manage your personal life while accomplishing great things both professionally and personally.
You will receive competitive compensation with access to a comprehensive benefits package to include generous paid time off/paid holidays and lucrative 401(k) matching with 100% vesting at the completion of your first year, plus a host of other perks.
You will be recognized & rewarded for achieving ground breaking results that lead to the continued success & growth of the company.
Meet Our Veterans
As a veteran-owned business, we understand the military culture and the qualities it takes to make it into any of the Services. Veterans are mature, reliable and honest. They know how to get along with fellow employees and customers, and truly understand what it means to be part of a team. They take pride in their work, and always get the job done while providing the truthful feedback it takes to make the right business decisions for our organization.
President & Chief Executive Officer