Explosives Safety Specialist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Redstone Arsenal, AL, US
- You’ll be joining a dynamic forensics team with many opportunities to grow professionally and working with other forensic experts in various fields to support the FBI and TEDAC missions.
- This is a unique opportunity to work with the FBI laboratory.
- You’ll obtain some or enhance your experience working in a fully functional government laboratory working closely with other forensics experts.
- Assist in performing a range of work involving many different and unrelated processes related to IED and explosives ordinance defeat.
- ESS personnel must complete an internal training program for working with evidence.
- Perform and document safety-check practices on all evidence submitted for explosives testing.
- Utilize EMU x-ray equipment to produce clear x-rays that are sufficient for accurate interpretation of potentially hazardous devices submitted.
- Perform x-ray interpretation, in collaboration with other qualified individuals, to determine if a device is safe, or needs to be rendered safe, by qualified Special Agent Bomb Technician (SABT) or FBI Forensic Device Examiners.
- Assist SABTs in the disposal of, and / or render safe, live explosive devices IAW all applicable laws, rules, regulations, methods, and procedures.
- Assist in the proper transport and storage of explosive devices and materials IAW all applicable laws, rules, regulations, methods, and procedures.
- Assist SABTs, or Forensic Device Examiners, in conducting comprehensive assessments if requested.
- Prepare detailed documentation and reports associated with explosives storage, explosives inventory, explosives safety, explosive management program, and range activities.
- Receive, open, and inventory evidence. Initiate and maintain proper evidence administrative documentation, including chain-of-custody of all forensic evidence under examination and be able to perform the duties associated with evidence management and data entry into various databases for evidence processing.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future TOs.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required
- Education: B.S. degree.
- Experience: At least five (5) years handling explosives.
- Skills: Explosives Ordinance Disposal (EOD), performing and interpreting x-ray capture/images, explosives demolitions, explosives safety management, and explosives range safety.
- Certifications: DOD or FBI certification to perform explosives operations.
- Equipment: Steel Toe Boots required for range work or work with power equipment
Clearance: US Secret Clearance
Who We Are
Our company values innovative and intuitive people who want to help identify and develop creative, unconventional solutions for our clients.
Innovators of creative services, solutions and products for our clients.
Intuitive to our client’s needs and desires.
Identifiers of unconventional, rapid solutions for our client’s challenges.
What We Offer+ Learning & Development
You will be encouraged to reach your full potential. You will be provided the resources to grow professionally & enhance your skills through Tuition Reimbursement & LinkedIn Learning (with unlimited access to 13,000 online training courses and videos)
You will work with very innovative and intuitive people. You will enjoy collaborating on teams that identify and develop the most impressive thought-provoking solutions and products for our clients.
You will experience the flexibility needed to balance work and manage your personal life while accomplishing great things both professionally and personally.
You will receive competitive compensation with access to a comprehensive benefits package to include generous paid time off/paid holidays and lucrative 401(k) matching with 100% vesting at the completion of your first year, plus a host of other perks.
You will be recognized & rewarded for achieving ground breaking results that lead to the continued success & growth of the company.
Meet Our Veterans
As a veteran-owned business, we understand the military culture and the qualities it takes to make it into any of the Services. Veterans are mature, reliable and honest. They know how to get along with fellow employees and customers, and truly understand what it means to be part of a team. They take pride in their work, and always get the job done while providing the truthful feedback it takes to make the right business decisions for our organization.
President & Chief Executive Officer