Forensic Chemist Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Quantico, VA, US
- You’ll be joining a dynamic forensics team with many opportunities to grow professionally and working with other forensic experts in various fields to support the FBI and TEDAC missions.
- This is a unique opportunity to work with the FBI laboratory.
- You’ll obtain some or enhance your experience working in a fully functional government laboratory working closely with other forensics experts.
- Inventory items, to include biological specimens, received in antemortem and postmortem investigations. Document condition as received. Repackage evidence, including biological specimens, for return to submitting agency, and delivery to Evidence Staff or Mailroom Personnel.
- Use chemical and physical techniques such as solid-phase extraction and liquid extraction to isolate drugs, metabolites, and poisons from biological specimens.
- Conduct analyses of samples and extracts using headspace analysis, gas chromatography, liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, enzyme immunoassay, and other laboratory instrumentation.
- Author detailed forensic laboratory notes and supporting documentation.
- Use the current database network for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain of custody of all forensic material under examination.
- Follow all QA / QC procedures, protocols, and adhere to FBI Laboratory policies and procedures related to accreditation and safety standards.
- Prepare traceable analytical standards using calibrated balances, calibrated pipets, and simple math.
- Generate quantitative results using instrument software packages and commercial spreadsheets.
- Prepare and properly store and mark laboratory reagents.
- General housekeeping maintenance; such as sweeping and washing laboratory glassware.
- Support activities, functions, or duties as defined in future TOs.
- Education: B.S. Degree in Chemistry with at least thirty (30) credit hours in chemistry and at least six (6) hours in Physics, and coursework that includes differential equations and integral calculus.
- Experience: At least one (1) year of recent experience as a chemist, toxicologist, or equivalent in an accredited laboratory.
- Skills: Demonstrated ability to study and pass training, examination, and testing assessments.
Clearance: US Secret Clearance
Who We Are
Our company values innovative and intuitive people who want to help identify and develop creative, unconventional solutions for our clients.
Innovators of creative services, solutions and products for our clients.
Intuitive to our client’s needs and desires.
Identifiers of unconventional, rapid solutions for our client’s challenges.
What We Offer+ Learning & Development
You will be encouraged to reach your full potential. You will be provided the resources to grow professionally & enhance your skills through Tuition Reimbursement & LinkedIn Learning (with unlimited access to 13,000 online training courses and videos)
You will work with very innovative and intuitive people. You will enjoy collaborating on teams that identify and develop the most impressive thought-provoking solutions and products for our clients.
You will experience the flexibility needed to balance work and manage your personal life while accomplishing great things both professionally and personally.
You will receive competitive compensation with access to a comprehensive benefits package to include generous paid time off/paid holidays and lucrative 401(k) matching with 100% vesting at the completion of your first year, plus a host of other perks.
You will be recognized & rewarded for achieving ground breaking results that lead to the continued success & growth of the company.
Meet Our Veterans
As a veteran-owned business, we understand the military culture and the qualities it takes to make it into any of the Services. Veterans are mature, reliable and honest. They know how to get along with fellow employees and customers, and truly understand what it means to be part of a team. They take pride in their work, and always get the job done while providing the truthful feedback it takes to make the right business decisions for our organization.
President & Chief Executive Officer