Forensic Technician: Digital Forensics Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Dulles, VA, US
- Great team of forensics personnel supporting the USPIS mission.
- Work in the USPIS Forensics Laboratory alongside experienced forensics professionals across all areas of forensics.
- An opportunity for an individual with minimal experience to work in a fully-functioning forensics laboratory. Learn from the experts. Gain experience in a forensic laboratory.
- I-3 is a company with many forensics opportunities.
- This position provides someone with the experience to progress in a forensic career. Work with qualified digital forensics analysts in a fully-functioning laboratory. All work takes place in the laboratory.
- The technician will be responsible for archiving data sets from a hard drive to a large network drive.
- The transfer will include verification of the data set which is accomplished by a pre and post hash of the data.
- This position involves zero casework or analysis.
- 6 months of experience in forensic imaging, cloning, duplication and verification of images (Hashing)
- Familiarity with computer interface and components; experience with Windows operating systems
- Ability to obtain a clearance with the United States Postal Inspection Service (USPIS).