Multifunctional Field Service Engineer Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
US - Virginia
Field Service Operations
NOTE: Actual work location will be in Bahrain (the exact military base is yet to be determined).
- Ideal Innovations Inc. (I3) is a Service-disabled Veteran-Owned small business (SDVOSB) that specializes in providing biometric and forensic services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, I3 specializes in designing, developing, delivering, and sustaining the very latest, cutting-edge biometric technology. I3 is comprised of biometric system engineers, software developers, program managers and experts with global biometric system development experience who provide solutions of the highest overall quality, security, and value to the United States (U.S.) Government. I3 is interested in hiring the very best and brightest managers, engineers, logisticians, subject matter experts. We offer competitive salaries, 401k, and continuing education funds. We pay close attention to our workforce and strive to provide opportunities and longevity that endures beyond our opportunities. At I3, we want to provide our future teammates with opportunities for professional development & growth and the ability to deliver disruptive biometric solutions and support to the battlefield today and into the future.
- You will be working closely with our military service members to provide operational support, system sustainment, and training on a Family of Systems of biometric collection devices. Dependent on mission needs, the work environment ranges from mature garrison environments to supporting training exercises in the field to austere forward-deployed areas overseas. You will find yourself splitting your time between a static location and having to travel to various units in your area to support the mission.
- The range of position locations and mission requirements will allow candidates to target their skills and comfort zone to opportunities that best align with their skills, experience, and work environment.
- This is an opportunity to support the Army’s Biometric Collection Capability (BC2) and the PM DoD Biometrics program (https://peoiews.army.mil/pm-dod-biometrics/). As a key member of the biometric team, you will work closely with the warfighter to ensure 100% availability of all BC2 assets within BC2 portfolio. As the MFSE, you will advise and assist as necessary to ensure users are up to date on the latest training of tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP) for the employment of biometric hardware and software tools. These important biometric systems within the Customer’s biometric Family of Systems give soldiers the decisive edge on the battlefield and their success is attributed to a candidate's ability to work with an operational mindset.
- Provide the day-to-day maintenance and repair of the following BC2 systems:
- Biometrics Automated Toolset - Army (BAT-A): Consists of biometric enrollment laptops, peripherals, and BAT-A servers
- Near Real Time Identity Operations (NRTIO): Consists of biometric collection devices, data communications platforms, and a regional server with a web portal user interface.
- Facial Recognition Binocular System (FRBS): Consists of a semi-rugged 10x60 Facial Recognition Technology (FRT) binocular handset and a ruggedized laptop.
- Voice Identity Biometric Exploitation Services (VIBES): Consist of a handheld device, and a laptop to conduct biometric voice enrollments and unidentified voice file collection into intelligence and operations data.
- Duties to Include:
- Provide Tier I help desk support directly to the user
- Schedule, perform, document, and review records on maintenance
- Sanitize equipment prior to offsite maintenance
- Check security controls following maintenance
- Install IAVA updates and software patches
- Baseline and reinstall software
- Repair/Replace/Return collection devices as appropriate
- System start-up, initialization, and shut down
- Software patch implementation and testing and system maintenance checks and repairs
- Security checks of daily logs
- Transaction reconciliation
- LAN administration and coordination with WANs
- Network security functions IAW the SSAA
- Database administration, including extracting data for reporting purposes
- Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
- Implement IA patches, including QA and QC checks
- Manage Biometric server and database applications and user accounts
- Coordinate with users for supply, logistics, and repair actions
- Maintain the BEWL on mission systems
- Train personnel and ensure IA personnel compliance
- Track enrollments from ingestion to ABIS on mission systems
- Support the planning of biometrics operations and the preparation of briefings, reports, etc.
- As needed, develop targeted training materials for specific missions.
- Dependent on duty location, accompany units on actual missions or training exercises as required to ensure that personnel are satisfactorily trained to execute their biometric related tasks to standard in a live environment.
- Work closely with the government Directorate of Doctrine and Intelligence Systems Training (DDIST) training team to provide the necessary new equipment training to support technical refreshes.
- When supporting units rotating through the Combat Training Centers (CTC’s) (JRTC & NTC)
- Provide training team support at CTCs during scheduled exercises.
- Provide training to the staffs of rotating units regarding the biometric technical and network support that is required in theater,
- Providing MFSE support to units during the exercise
- Provide lessons learned input for training material development as required
- Provide support to the CTC operations group staff section, as determined by the CTC leadership, in the development of scenarios incorporating biometrics and managing the use of biometrics during rotation training, and responsible for system updates and minor maintenance.
- Responsible for the identification and resolution of network connectivity issues both locally and via satellite link, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of laptops, servers and peripherals.
- Duties also include general systems and database operations, administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting.
- Customer interaction is required in response to reported problems, defining requirements, and user training requests.
- Design, develop, prepare, and conduct the training based on established course materials
- Preparation of instructor and student materials (course outline, handouts, course critique forms, leave behind instructional materials, and training aids) will also be required.
- Personnel training will be conducted, as appropriate, through formal or informal classroom courses, workshops, and seminars.
- Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
- CONUS locations will provide remote/TDY support to multiple sites throughout the US as needed
- MFSE in Germany will support Republic of Georgia (Tbilisi); Tbilisi, Georgia- Embassy FPD (66MI); Hohenfels, GE - BMID (66MI); Hohenfels, GE – JMRC; Camp Bondsteel, Kosovo; AST-Balkans; Vicenza, Italy - 173rd IBCT(A); Vilseck, CATC; Vilseck, 2CR; Vicenza, Italy - 207th MI BDE; Baumholder, 21st TSC; Grafenwoehr, 18th MP BDE
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline or 8 years of direct relevant technical experience.
- 5 years of experience as to the following:
- Systems administration or other relevant IT experience
- Previous experience with Army or SOCOM biometrics applications
- Proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server, and Windows operating systems.
- Proven ability to create scripts for system administration/setup, examine firewalls and ports to identify and fix communication issues, perform database maintenance, ensure data integrity, and track hardware locations is also required.
- The candidate must be able to formally present materials in understandable and intelligible formats; in both stand-up instruction and written arrangements. Be able to effectively measure student progress and provide constructive feedback.
- The candidate must be fully proficient in the use of PC’s and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite
- Possess current DoD 8570 AIT level II Certification
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline or 10 years of direct relevant technical experience.
- 10 Years of Experience
- Prior experience developing, operating, and repairing biometric systems
- Prior experience providing teaching and training in a classroom or field environment
- Working knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
- Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission, and responsibilities.
- Military experience as a 25B/U, 31B/E, 35F, 35M, 35L, 35T or comparable AOC for Warrant Officers and Officers (one year Biometrics specific)
- Prior experience in Afghanistan, Iraq or USCENTCOM
- Ability to obtain and possess an international driver's license (OCONUS) and ID tags.