Physical Scientist/Evidence Analyst 1 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Quantico, VA, US
- You’ll be joining a dynamic forensics team with many opportunities to grow professionally and working with other forensic experts in various fields to support the FBI and TEDAC missions.
- This is a unique opportunity to work with the FBI laboratory.
- You’ll obtain some or enhance your experience working in a fully functional government laboratory working closely with other forensics experts.
- The Physical Scientist spends most of their time in the laboratory processing and documenting firearms evidence. Since the findings from the analysis can be used in court, analysts must follow strict protocols regarding the custody of evidence, testing procedures, and reporting guidelines. Every step of the procedure must be notated and reported, which includes when the sample was received, the quality of the sample, the tests performed, and the test results. Analysts may be called to appear in court as a fact witnesses to verify the findings of a particular firearms examination.
- Perform routine maintenance and QC checks on lab equipment. They maintain each piece of equipment, check for damages, and request replacement equipment as needed.
- Receive and account for boxes of evidence and related materials from the EMP.
- Visually inspect and process evidence and related materials for firearms evidence; photograph evidence and related materials; remove hairs and fibers from evidence and related materials; create microscopic slides for hairs and fibers; mount hairs and fibers on slides; and create inventory slides.
- Entry of information into various FBI databases.
- Record case notes, photographs, chain-of-custody form, electronic communication, and slide inventory.
- Use eLab software for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain-of-custody for all forensic material under examination.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future TOs.
- BS degree with at least twenty-four (24) credit hours in the physical sciences
- Basic computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Exemplary organization skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Ability to analyze complex or challenging situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Clearance: US Secret Clearance
Who We Are
Our company values innovative and intuitive people who want to help identify and develop creative, unconventional solutions for our clients.
Innovators of creative services, solutions and products for our clients.
Intuitive to our client’s needs and desires.
Identifiers of unconventional, rapid solutions for our client’s challenges.
What We Offer+ Learning & Development
You will be encouraged to reach your full potential. You will be provided the resources to grow professionally & enhance your skills through Tuition Reimbursement & LinkedIn Learning (with unlimited access to 13,000 online training courses and videos)
You will work with very innovative and intuitive people. You will enjoy collaborating on teams that identify and develop the most impressive thought-provoking solutions and products for our clients.
You will experience the flexibility needed to balance work and manage your personal life while accomplishing great things both professionally and personally.
You will receive competitive compensation with access to a comprehensive benefits package to include generous paid time off/paid holidays and lucrative 401(k) matching with 100% vesting at the completion of your first year, plus a host of other perks.
You will be recognized & rewarded for achieving ground breaking results that lead to the continued success & growth of the company.
Meet Our Veterans
As a veteran-owned business, we understand the military culture and the qualities it takes to make it into any of the Services. Veterans are mature, reliable and honest. They know how to get along with fellow employees and customers, and truly understand what it means to be part of a team. They take pride in their work, and always get the job done while providing the truthful feedback it takes to make the right business decisions for our organization.
President & Chief Executive Officer