Physical Scientist/Evidence Analyst 2 Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Redstone Arsenal, AL, US
- You’ll be joining a dynamic forensics team with many opportunities to grow professionally and working with other forensic experts in various fields to support the FBI and TEDAC missions.
- This is a unique opportunity to work with the FBI laboratory.
- You’ll obtain some or enhance your experience working in a fully functional government laboratory working closely with other forensics experts.
- The Evidence Analyst / Physical Scientist provides forensic evidence services to properly inventory items, check-in evidence, perform data entry into multiple database systems, follow proper classification guidelines, mailing/shipping evidence, proper serialization, and storage of all case records and maintain case records, and the chains-of-custody for all evidence and forensic materials. EA personnel must complete an internal training program for working with evidence.
- Receive evidence submissions.
- Open and inventory contents of evidence submissions.
- Create appropriate laboratory examination plans; enter accurate data (laboratory number, case ID number, item numbers, and descriptions) into various database tracking systems.
- Create and utilize either electronic or paper chain-of-custody forms for all evidence transfers.
- Utilize Sentinel and other USG database tracking and record systems for researching incidents and determining appropriate classification designations.
- Enter data into EXPeRT, Forensic Advantage (FA), and / or other database systems; create examination plans; generate barcode labels, packaging, and shipping of evidence.
- Photograph contents of submission so that accurate records are maintained for casefiles.
- Upload photographs to local hard drives and backup hard drives.
- Upload photographs to appropriate databases.
- Stage evidence submissions and documentation for processing by the forensic and technical exploitation teams.
- Prepare evidence submissions for return to the contributor or central repository and/or packaging/shipping to other designated locations.
- Review documents and photographs to ensure that appropriate classification and dissemination marking are present. If not, then add the appropriate markings to the records, as appropriate.
- Prepare all administrative case records for final closure by ensuring they are compiled, marked and serialized in Sentinel
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future TOs.
- BS degree in the sciences with coursework in forensics
- One (1) year of related work experience
- Computer data entry experience
- Attention to detail
- Familiarization with QA/QC
- Experience with a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
Clearance: US Secret Clearance
Who We Are
Our company values innovative and intuitive people who want to help identify and develop creative, unconventional solutions for our clients.
Innovators of creative services, solutions and products for our clients.
Intuitive to our client’s needs and desires.
Identifiers of unconventional, rapid solutions for our client’s challenges.
What We Offer+ Learning & Development
You will be encouraged to reach your full potential. You will be provided the resources to grow professionally & enhance your skills through Tuition Reimbursement & LinkedIn Learning (with unlimited access to 13,000 online training courses and videos)
You will work with very innovative and intuitive people. You will enjoy collaborating on teams that identify and develop the most impressive thought-provoking solutions and products for our clients.
You will experience the flexibility needed to balance work and manage your personal life while accomplishing great things both professionally and personally.
You will receive competitive compensation with access to a comprehensive benefits package to include generous paid time off/paid holidays and lucrative 401(k) matching with 100% vesting at the completion of your first year, plus a host of other perks.
You will be recognized & rewarded for achieving ground breaking results that lead to the continued success & growth of the company.
Meet Our Veterans
As a veteran-owned business, we understand the military culture and the qualities it takes to make it into any of the Services. Veterans are mature, reliable and honest. They know how to get along with fellow employees and customers, and truly understand what it means to be part of a team. They take pride in their work, and always get the job done while providing the truthful feedback it takes to make the right business decisions for our organization.
President & Chief Executive Officer