Program Analyst Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Arlington, VA, US
- Ideal Innovations Inc. (I3)is a Service-disabled Veteran-Owned small business (SDVOSB) that specializes in providing biometric and forensic services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, I3 specializes in designing, developing, delivering, and sustaining the very latest, cutting-edge biometric technology. I3is comprised of biometric software & system engineers, software developers, program managers, and experts with global biometric system development experience who provide solutions of the highest overall quality, security, and value to the United States (U.S.) Government. I3 is interested in hiring the very best and brightest managers, engineers, logisticians, subject matter experts. We offer competitive salaries, 401k, and continuing education funds. We pay close attention to our workforce and strive to provide opportunities and longevity that endures beyond our opportunities. At I3, we want to provide our future teammates with opportunities for professional development & growth and the ability to deliver disruptive biometric solutions and support to the battlefield today and into the future
- You will be a key member of our Program Management Office (PMO) and work with the Teams Program Manager to assist with the management and reporting of the program’s deliverables. You will assist in the management of a team that is geographically dispersed across the world and gain exposure to the inner workings of management. The team provides operational support for the Biometric Collection Capability (BC2) comprised of biometric collection systems, biometric jump kits, hand-held devices, and Very Small Aperture Satellites as well as field service representatives forward in an overseas environment.
- Working closely with our military members and fellow contractors provides a unique opportunity to achieve both job satisfaction and self-fulfillment supporting our nation's heroes. Your contributions will be integral to the overall success of the team and the program.
- This is an opportunity to support the Army’s Biometric Collection Capability (BC2) for the PM DoD Biometrics program (https://peoiews.army.mil/pm-dod-biometrics/). As a member of the PMO, you will work closely with the Program Manager to support the management and oversite of the BC2 contract. You will participate in meeting with the government and interact with the team to facilitate consolidation and delivery of contract deliverables.
- As the Teams program analyst, you will get first-hand experience providing program management support. Your exposure to the Cost, Schedule, and Performance management of the BC2 Contract will further your knowledge of program management fundamentals. Our team’s adherence to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) will provide you the experience needed to attain a PMP certification.
- Applies a wide range of analytical techniques, statistical assessment, and other measures in evaluating data to reach appropriate conclusions.
- Translates/recommends processes and procedures to ensure proper consideration of programmatic, technical, and management factors for overall program mgmt. successes.
- Assists with the program strategic planning and program execution management; development, maintenance, and coordination of documents supporting the program
- Demonstrated experience in the program/project status, schedules, and DoD reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge of life-cycle management of military acquisition programs (as specified in the DoD 5000 series), to include DoD Instruction (DoDI) 5000.2
- With minimal guidance, assists the program manager with planning, initiating, monitoring, and closing out projects
- Develops and maintains relationships with program managers and the team leads
- Work with the budget analyst to compile financial data into a prescribed format
- Creates, maintains, updates, and reconciles tracking and analysis documentation, spreadsheets, and information on program status and schedules
- Familiarization with the use of Microsoft Project to assist with maintaining the programs Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Maintain the program Risk Management Plan and support re-occurring risk management meetings
- With minimal guidance, identifies program risks and develops mitigation plans in support of the program's Risk Management process.
- Assists in identifying and prioritizing requirements
- Conducts analysis on general program performance and risks, research discrepancies, and prepares management reports and briefings
- Maintains program files in accordance with knowledge management and records management policies
- Collects and consolidates data from a variety of sources and analyzes, summarizes, and incorporates data into reports
- Participates in the preparation and conduct of program reviews
- Participates in analysis activities, identifies actions, and coordinates actions across the team
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline. Note: 8 years of program analyst experience may be substituted for education
- 5 years of program analyst experience
- Proficient in MS Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
- Basic skills using MS Project
- Experience with managing schedules and correspondence, running meetings, managing issues, and action items, analyzing information for trends, and consolidating information for management and stakeholders
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Previous experience supporting a Major Defense Acquisition Program (MDAP) or Major Automated Information System (MAIS) program
- Previous experience with PM DoD Biometrics or PEO IEW&S
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Proficient in using MS Project