Radar Systems Project Lead Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ideal Innovations, Inc.
Wharton, NJ, US
Current US Secret Clearance
Current US Secret Clearance
Picatinny Arsenal, NJ
- In this project engineer role, you will be an integral part of the design, development, integration, and test of precision fires radar systems supporting Long Range Armament Munitions and Counter UAS Weapon Systems. The prototype solutions are the ground-breaking efforts that are paramount in leading to solving urgent needs that protect US military and civilian personnel.
- You will become a part of a dynamic team of engineers, radar specialists and industry experts providing technical expertise to cutting-edge Radar Solutions with access to advanced test equipment and analysis software. The environment is “business casual” and provides a relaxed learning experience like no other.
- Each project is unique, with each leveraging the current industry’s high-tech precision radar solutions in an innovative way.
- You'll make a significant impact by applying your knowledge of radar and RF design, shaping key prototype designs that lead to the next generation technology used on the battlefield
- Each day will present a new opportunity to learn and grow by building your strengths in Radar System designs, RF engineering, systems engineering, and system testing. You will be exposed to new concepts that require the industry’s best and even homegrown analysis tools, test equipment, and test methods. Professional development is encouraged and expected.
- Your day-to-day will consist of working in the office as a subcontractor to the Government involved in a wide variety of activities such as design and analysis, customer meetings and design review meetings. At other times, you will travel with the team to military test ranges to conduct site visits or testing and evaluation of the latest precision radar systems on new or existing weapon systems.
A Radar Systems Project Engineer is required to provide program support to the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command – Armaments Center (CCDC-AC) Battlespace Applications Branch Precision Radars Team at Picatinny, NJ. The Radar Project Engineer supports development, evaluation, and test of Precision Fires Radars. This engineer will:
- Support efforts related to the design and development of precision fires radar systems, and the integration and test of these radars in supporting armament systems including Counter UAS weapon systems
- Track multiple project schedules and their performance
- Interface with Battlespace Applications Branch Chief and technical leads; Integrated Product Team Leads (IPT) and customers within CCDC-AC to accomplish project goals
- Satisfy project reporting requirements and generate status reports
- Support Governments RFI/RFP process by evaluating responses, performing trade studies and providing technical input
- Interface with subcontractors, coordinating test events, tracking development and dispositioning actions, and recording topics of discussions for Govt decision making
- Generate/Review Radar System Test Plans/Procedures and Test Reports
- Support onsite Radar and Counter-UAV Demo/Evaluation Testing Events
- B.S. in engineering
- 5 years of relevant project leadership experience.
- Desire to contribute to research and development programs focusing on future radar systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Willing to travel as needed, up to 50%
- US citizenship
- Ability to secure a security clearance
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Electrical Engineering degree and background with radar systems preferred
- Background in Physics, Radio Frequency and Communications systems, and Electronic Warfare helpful
- Familiar with US Army platform mounted weapon stations, unmanned air systems, fielded radar, optic or laser systems
- Experience with Ground-based radar systems for applications in Ground Moving Target Indicator (GMTI); Counter-Rockets, Artillery and Mortar (C-RAM); or Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems (C-UAS)
Who We Are
Our company values innovative and intuitive people who want to help identify and develop creative, unconventional solutions for our clients.
Ideal Innovations Inc. is a service-disabled veteran-owned company specializing in innovative solutions to our client’s most difficult challenges utilizing biometrics, forensics, scientific and I/T SMEs. We staff the greatest number of contractors to the Defense Forensics and Biometrics Agency (DFBA) Biometrics Operations Division (BOD) in Clarksburg, West Virginia.
At Ideal Innovations, we are:
Innovators of creative services, solutions and products for our clients.
Intuitive to our client’s needs and desires.
Identifiers of unconventional, rapid solutions for our client’s challenges.
What We Offer+ Learning & Development
You will be encouraged to reach your full potential. You will be provided the resources to grow professionally & enhance your skills through Tuition Reimbursement & LinkedIn Learning (with unlimited access to 13,000 online training courses and videos)
You will work with very innovative and intuitive people. You will enjoy collaborating on teams that identify and develop the most impressive thought-provoking solutions and products for our clients.
You will experience the flexibility needed to balance work and manage your personal life while accomplishing great things both professionally and personally.
You will receive competitive compensation with access to a comprehensive benefits package to include generous paid time off/paid holidays and lucrative 401(k) matching with 100% vesting at the completion of your first year, plus a host of other perks.
You will be recognized & rewarded for achieving ground breaking results that lead to the continued success & growth of the company.
Meet Our Veterans
As a veteran-owned business, we understand the military culture and the qualities it takes to make it into any of the Services. Veterans are mature, reliable and honest. They know how to get along with fellow employees and customers, and truly understand what it means to be part of a team. They take pride in their work, and always get the job done while providing the truthful feedback it takes to make the right business decisions for our organization.
President & Chief Executive Officer