Sr Trainer/Lead MFSE Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Arlington, VA, US
Field Service Operations
- Ideal Innovations Inc. (I3) is a Service-disabled Veteran-Owned small business (SDVOSB) that specializes in providing biometric and forensic services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, I3 specializes in designing, developing, delivering, and sustaining the very latest, cutting-edge biometric technology. I3 is comprised of biometric system engineers, software developers, program managers, and experts with global biometric system development experience who provide solutions of the highest overall quality, security, and value to the United States (U.S.) Government. I3 is interested in hiring the very best and brightest managers, engineers, logisticians, subject matter experts. We offer competitive salaries, 401k, and continuing education funds. We pay close attention to our workforce and strive to provide opportunities and longevity that endures beyond our opportunities. At I3, we want to provide our future teammates with opportunities for professional development & growth and the ability to deliver disruptive biometric solutions and support to the battlefield today and into the future.
- You will be working closely with our I3 teammates to provide the Multifunctional Field Service Engineer (MFSE) training to the team’s MFSEs covering the use, sustainment, and operation of a Family of Systems of biometric collection devices. Dependent on mission needs, the work environment will be mainly in an office setting with the potential for austere duty if the mission requires it.
- The range of mission requirements will allow candidates to target their skills and comfort zone to opportunities that best align with their skills, experience, and work environment. You will find a high degree of personal and professional satisfaction from your efforts.
- This is an opportunity to support the Army’s biometric collection mission to collect, match and compare fingerprints, iris images, and facial photos to establish identity superiority and maintain identity dominance in all areas of military operations. As a key member of the biometric team, you will work closely with the PM and government stakeholders to ensure the team's MFSEs are fully trained and competent in the execution of their duties.
- Strong training skills balanced by an operational mindset focused on the success of the biometric mission.
Oversee the programs MFSE training program. Primarily responsible for the development and sustainment of a 5-day training program that will ensure the Teams MFSE’s are trained and proficient on tasks and able to provide top-notch support to the warfighter in the field.
As the Senior Trainer on the program, the ideal candidate will be a critical member of the team charged with providing SME on FSE operations and employment.
- Oversees the MFSE training and curriculum for the programs 5-day MFSE training program
- Develops the training curriculum in support of the MFSE support to the following Biometric Collection Capability (BC2) Systems
- Biometrics Automated Toolset-Army (BAT-A)
- Near Real-Time Identity Operations (NRTIO)
- Facial Recognition Binocular System (FRBS)
- Voice Identity Biometric Exploitation Services (VIBES)
- Develops teaching aids to include training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, and reference works. Use of Computer Based Training (CBT)/Webinars is a priority
- Provides SME in the development of TRADOC level training documentation as needed
- Interacts and professionally exhibit customer service skills and be able to present a positive approach with customers and peers
- Maintains the ability to generate reports on the status of training and the proficiency of each of the team's MFSE’s
- Travels up to 25% to provide unit-specific training to the warfighter and or training to MFSE’s at their duty station
- Possesses a US passport that will not expire for at least 2 or more years
- Reports to the Program Manager
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, or Business Administration/Management. Note: 10 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education
- 10-years of FSE experience supporting Army or SOCOM Biometric systems
- 5- years of Training experience focused on training users on the operations and sustainment of IT systems IAW Army standards
- Functional understanding of the various formats in which biometrics are stored and shared (EBTS, EFTS, IDML, etc.)
- Experience creating and writing military training documentation
- Must have knowledge of operational verbiage in the biometrics arena
- Must demonstrate organizational, documentation, and exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and in a team utilizing systems integration experience on medium and large projects.
- Creative problem solver able to quickly analyze, devise, test, report, and implement solutions.
- Self-motivated with a results-focused mindset is a must.
- The candidate must be fully proficient in the use of PC’s and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite
- Prior experience supporting a US Army program in the creating and writing military training documentation as a military training instructor
- Prior experience with TRADOC training standards and requirements; Experience providing training in a classroom setting IAW Program of Instruction (POIs)