Systems Engineer/Technical Advisor Job
Job Description Job Attributes+
Ideal Innovations, Inc.
Wharton, NJ, US
Current DoD Secret Clearance (requires US Citizenship)
Current DoD Secret Clearance (requires US Citizenship)
Picatinny Arsenal, NJ
- In this role as System Engineer and Technical Advisor, you will be an integral part of the design, development, integration, and test of precision fires radar systems supporting Long Range Armament Munitions and Counter-UAS Weapon Systems. These programs are key to solving urgent needs to protect US military and civilian personnel.
- The Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Armaments Center is a critical national asset that is vital to National Security and is unfettered in its ability to deliver products and provide world-class facilities and services. You will join a dynamic team of engineers, sensor specialists and industry experts providing technical focused on providing the world’s premier weapon systems. The CCDC Armaments Center provides a unique experience in a fast-paced yet “business casual” environment.
- The System Engineer and Technical Advisor position Supporting the Battlespace Applications Branch of the Tactical Effects, Protection & Interactive Technologies division provides a unique opportunity to support the development of leading-edge technologies addressing key issues affecting national security. The opportunity to collaborate with some of the most innovative and talented minds of the military/industrial complex combined with the vast resources of the CCDC Armaments Center is unique indeed.
- You will make significant impacts to national defense by applying your systems engineering and program management skills, knowledge of radar and RF design to shape key prototype designs that lead to the next generation technology used on the battlefield.
- You will have the opportunity to apply your skills in system engineering and program management to facilitate the development of leading-edge, integrated sensor and weapon systems. Each day will present a new opportunity to learn and grow by building your strengths in radar system designs, RF engineering, and system testing. You will have the opportunity to develop and use the industry’s most advanced modeling and simulation tools, test equipment and test methods. Professional development is encouraged and expected.
- Your day-to-day will consist of working in the office as a subcontractor to the Government involved in a wide variety of activities such as design and analysis, customer meetings and design review meetings. At other times, you will travel with the team to military test ranges to conduct site visits or testing and evaluation of the latest precision radar systems on new or existing weapon systems.
A Systems Engineer and Technical Advisor is required to provide program support to the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command – Armaments Center (CCDC-AC) Battlespace Applications Branch Precision Radars Team at Picatinny, NJ. The Systems Engineer and Technical Advisor supports development, evaluation, and test of Precision Fires Radars. This engineer will:
- Support efforts related to the design and development of precision fires radar systems, and the integration and test of these radars in supporting armament systems including Counter-UAS weapon systems
- Track multiple project schedules and their performance
- Interface with Battlespace Applications Branch Chief and technical leads; Integrated Product Team Leads (IPT) and customers within CCDC-AC to accomplish project goals
- Satisfy project reporting requirements and generate status reports
- Support Governments RFI/RFP process by evaluating responses, performing trade studies and providing technical input
- Interface with subcontractors, coordinating test events, tracking development and dispositioning actions, and recording topics of discussions for Govt decision making
- Generate/Review Radar System Test Plans/Procedures and Test Reports
- Support onsite Radar and Counter-UAS Demo/Evaluation Testing Events at DoD test ranges across the US
- B.S. in engineering
- 5 years of relevant technical and programmatic leadership experience
- Desire to contribute to research and development of programs focusing on future weapon systems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- US citizenship
- Ability to secure a security clearance
- Good communication skills (oral and written)
Shift: Day Shift
Travel: up to 50% travel depending on the project
- Electrical Engineering degree and background with radar systems
- Background in Physics, Radio Frequency and Communications systems, and Electronic Warfare helpful
- Familiar with US Army platform mounted weapon stations, unmanned air systems, state-of-the-art radar, optic or laser systems
- Experience with Ground-based radar systems for applications in Ground Moving Target Indicator (GMTI); Counter-Rockets, Artillery and Mortar (C-RAM); or Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems (C-UAS)
- Department of Defense Secret clearance
Who We Are
Our company values innovative and intuitive people who want to help identify and develop creative, unconventional solutions for our clients.Ideal Innovations Inc. is a service-disabled veteran-owned company specializing in innovative solutions to our client’s most difficult challenges utilizing biometrics, forensics, scientific and I/T SMEs. We staff the greatest number of contractors to the Defense Forensics and Biometrics Agency (DFBA) Biometrics Operations Division (BOD) in Clarksburg, West Virginia. At Ideal Innovations, we are: + Innovators
Innovators of creative services, solutions and products for our clients.
Intuitive to our client’s needs and desires.
Identifiers of unconventional, rapid solutions for our client’s challenges.
What We Offer+ Learning & Development
You will be encouraged to reach your full potential. You will be provided the resources to grow professionally & enhance your skills through Tuition Reimbursement & LinkedIn Learning (with unlimited access to 13,000 online training courses and videos)
You will work with very innovative and intuitive people. You will enjoy collaborating on teams that identify and develop the most impressive thought-provoking solutions and products for our clients.
You will experience the flexibility needed to balance work and manage your personal life while accomplishing great things both professionally and personally.
You will receive competitive compensation with access to a comprehensive benefits package to include generous paid time off/paid holidays and lucrative 401(k) matching with 100% vesting at the completion of your first year, plus a host of other perks.
You will be recognized & rewarded for achieving ground breaking results that lead to the continued success & growth of the company.
Meet Our Veterans
As a veteran-owned business, we understand the military culture and the qualities it takes to make it into any of the Services. Veterans are mature, reliable and honest. They know how to get along with fellow employees and customers, and truly understand what it means to be part of a team. They take pride in their work, and always get the job done while providing the truthful feedback it takes to make the right business decisions for our organization.
President & Chief Executive Officer